Hurrah, time for my spring to do list! My favourite of them all. I think spring is such a great time to have a huge declutter and clear out. Whenever I have had the opportunity recently I have been working my way from room to room, cupboard to cupboard and drawer to drawer, being as ruthless as possible. It is really transforming how I feel about our home! Clear surfaces are so much easier to clean and look neat and inviting. I know exactly where things belong and I don’t waste food because I can’t see it in the cupboards. There is just something about this season that gives me energy and motivation, especially when I step outside and all the flowers and blossom are starting to peep out from their winter repose, and people are starting to shrug off their winter coats. It is just so uplifting. The next three months are filled with family birthdays, holiday planning and lots and lots of time outdoors…
- Watch more inspiring cleaning and organisation Youtube videos by How Jen Does it.
- Visit Harry Potter World. My Christmas present to Danny!
Make Jacob his own ‘Family and Friends’ board book for his birthday.
- Make Jacob his 1st birthday cake and Danny his 29th.
- Go back to the Isabella Plantation in May when the azaleas are out. It’s so beautiful.
- Clean our windows – inside and out.
- Buy a garden gate so Jacob can play in the garden without escaping into the street.
- Plant some vegetables.
- Read The Pilgrim’s Progress.
- Plan what to do in New York City this summer – recommendations welcome!
- Try to put my phone away on Sundays to have a bit more balance.
- Keep jogging with Jacob in the buggy.
- Visit a Farmer’s Market.
- Go for a brunch date with Danny and maybe even sit outdoors!
- Stick to our new month by month budget (we are sitting down together at the start of every month and working out a budget for that particular month as I found a whole year round budget was too tricky to work with – wish us luck!)
What’s on your to do list this spring?