I love the old, familiar rhythm of the seasons rolling around. There is something special about every one of them. We have enjoyed such a good, hot summer this year and savoured every last sunbeam but I’m so ready for autumn now! It is a season that’s just brimming with wonderful things to see and do and taste. Every year I like to try new activities, but also indulge in the same, simple traditions that can always be relied upon to make my heart lift.
- Make a pumpkin pie.
- Go to a bonfire and fireworks display.
- Read all the Narnia books. (half way through this one!)
Go blackberry picking and make jam in my special jam cauldron. Maybe take a trip to Paris for our wedding anniversary! Declutter my wardrobe and take clothes to the local charity shop. Do ‘Keat’s Walk’ in Winchester, which inspired his poem ‘To Autumn’. Ask my mum (sweetly) to knit me a scarf with non-itchy wool. (I asked, she said no lol).
- Settle down to watch our annual viewing of Lord of the Rings with hot chocolate and marshmallows.
- Clean all our windows until they sparkle.
- Go for a misty early morning walk.
Buy a printer so I can print out my monthly meal plans.
- Try to memorise twelve Bible verses (one per week).
Eat more natural, whole foods and cut down on sugar (except whilst completing #9). Cut our monthly food budget by at least £20.